Nebraska's Best Burger Contest 2015
The farmers and ranchers of Nebraska and the Nebraska Beef Council are proud to announce Nebraska’s Best Burger contest. Nominations will be accepted August 1st - 20th. Anyone may nominate a hamburger from a Nebraska eatery.
To be eligible for the contest the hamburger must meet the following guidelines:
- The hamburger must be 100% beef although other ingredients may be added to the patty (such as spices, vegetables, etc.)
- All burgers must be composed of grilled patties (formed from ground beef) served on a bun or other bread product. Burgers may include any combination of condiments (such as ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard) sauces (such as barbecue or hot sauce) cheeses and toppings (such as bacon, onions, tomatoes and lettuce). Every component of the burger must be placed between the bun or bread pieces, or served open-faced on a bread product.
- Nominations can be submitted online between August 1, 2015 and August 20, 2015.
- Nominations can also be made on the Nebraska Beef Council Facebook page. Fill out the online nomination form and follow the on-screen directions to submit.
- Multiple nominations will be allowed.
Selection of Finalists
The Restaurants receiving the most nominations on August 20th will be invited to the finals on September 4th at the Nebraska State Fair. Each restaurant will prepare their nominated burger for a panel of judges. The winner will be presented with the Nebraska's Best Burger award.
The following guidelines will be used in judging:
- Proper Cooking
Nebraska’s Best Burger Award
All Nebraska restaurants will be eligible to win the award, INCLUDING past winners. The winning restaurant will be awarded the 2015 Best Burger plaque and a cash prize from the Nebraska Beef Council.
*NBC reserves the right to make all final decision on prizes offered to the winner.