The farmers and ranchers of Nebraska and the Nebraska Beef Council are proud to announce Nebraska’s Best Burger contest. The contest runs from March 1 through March 31, 2014. Anyone may nominate a hamburger from a Nebraska eatery. To be eligible for the contest the hamburger must meet the following guidelines:
- The hamburger must be 100% beef although other ingredients may be added to the patty (such as spices, vegetables, etc.)
- All burgers must be composed of grilled patties (formed from ground beef) served on a bun or other bread product (such as biscuits, focaccia, or tortillas). Burgers may include any combination of condiments (such as ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard) sauces (such as barbeque or hot sauce) cheeses and toppings (such as bacon, onions, tomatoes and lettuce). Every component of the burger must be placed between the bun or bread pieces, or served open-faced on a bread product.
- Nominations can be submitted online between March 1, 2014 and March 15, 2014.
- Nominations can also be made on the Nebraska Beef Council Facebook page. Fill out the online nomination form and follow the on-screen directions to submit.
- Only one nomination will be allowed per computer/user.
Selection of Finalists *NEW*
Round 1, March 1st-15th : Nominations will be taken via online vote for any Nebraska restaurant that serves an outstanding hamburger.
Round Two, March 17th – 31st : The top 5 nominated restaurants will be back up for a final vote. Along with the general public vote, a panel of judges will also score each of the top five finalists. The hamburger with the highest combination of votes and judge’s score will be the overall winner.
The following guidelines will be used in judging:
- Proper Cooking
Nebraska’s Best Burger Award
The award will be given to the restaurant that receives the highest combined total of online votes ANDs score. New this year, all Nebraska restaurants will be eligible to win the award, INLCLUDING past winners. The winning restaurant will be awarded the 2014 Best Burger plaque and will be offered up to $2,000* in promotional support from the Nebraska Beef Council.
*NBC reserves the right to make all final decision on prizes offered to the winner.
Click here for a complete list of last year's nominated restaurants